Friday, 4 February 2011

Mirror, Mirror

I'm back! It's been a while since I did a new blog post, blaim it on the brainfog ;) so this may not be the most word heavy post but there are things to discuss so let's crack on!

Firstly, I was very, very happy to see that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is now available to pre-order on DVD (or blu-ray if you're further ahead with technology than me ;) ) you can find it at amazon here at this link. Also, it was announced this week that the Harry Potter films are to be recognised by BAFTA at this years ceremony for Outstanding Contribution to British Cinema, an honour that couldn't be more well desereved! Never again will we have a film franchise like the Potter films, that spans so many years and has the love and respect of so many people, and that it worked on by such a dedicated group of people, so congratulations to each and every one of them. Even more excitingly, J.K Rowling herself will be there to accept the award, squeeee!

Now on to the topic of this weeks blog. Last month I came across some wonderful blog posts on the Harry Potter Alliance's website, and body image being a subject I feel strongly about I thought they were worth sharing. So read them and hopefully come away having read something that will inspire you to love the body you have, whatever shape or size, because of how wonderful the human body is. Yes it doesn't always act as it's supposed to (thanks M.E) but still, our bodies are worth celebrating so use yours well, because you only get the one, look after it :)

Blog by Evanna Lynch, Why The Bodybind Is My Nightmare

A Male Perspective On Body Image (I'm a girl but totally agree that this is a side of eating disorders that is underreported)

There are many other blogs on the site I would recommend you check out, who knows, you might just feel a little better about yourself afterwards!

So take a look in the mirror and love what you see, because whoever you are, you are perfect :)








And for this weeks' "thing worth sharing" I thought it would be appropriate to share Pink's new song Perfect which you can find here, along with the not so clean but equally good version. Enjoy <3

And until next time!

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment