So, hello 2011! What better way to start a new year than with a new blog, it’s something I’ve wanted to do for a while and now I’m embracing technology (I have twitter and an iPod touch now, get me!) I feel I am up to the challenge.
So what will this blog be about? Well, the main reason I wanted to start one was to use it as a platform for M.E awareness, the more people I can reach the better so I plan to write about any new developments in terms of research and news, as well as using it to document M.E awareness week 2011. I will also share some of my own experiences (hopefully in a positive way, I don’t want to use this blog to complain!) as an M.E sufferer. My aim is not to go on and on about my symptoms, I have enough of them without talking about them too but more to explain how it impacts my life in general.
More than that I hope to document my year, whatever happens whether it relates to my health or not, how I manage to enjoy the little things in life despite my illness and talk about the things that I watch, read and listen to and share my experiences of those things. After all this year is a big year in another part of my life - the Harry Potter part.
Anyone who knows me will tell you I’m a Potter geek, and unless you have been hiding under a rock recently you will know that 2011 sees the release of the final Harry Potter film. So it will be a rather exciting build up to the film over the next few months and probably a rather sad end to the phenomenon once it has been released, either way I will talk about it, probably quite a lot.
To make sure my blog posts at least have some point to them (I have a tendency to ramble on and on and on...) I will include a link at the end of each blog, of something I thought worth sharing, whether it be a website, news article, funny youtube video or music video. So for my very first post my “thing worth sharing” today is-
Jessie Cave on twitter! The actress who plays Lavender Brown in the Harry Potter films has recently set up her own twitter page, and I’m loving her tweets already. They’re random, funny and generally brilliant. So check it out! http://twitter.com/pindippycave
Until next time!
Sarah (aka Siz) x
Very impressed Sarah - look forward to reading your posts. I think 2011 is going to be your year :-) Oh and thanks for reminding me that my blog needs some attention!
ReplyDelete