Saturday, 8 January 2011

Time Flies and Grint Come Flies With Me

I’m quite surprised I’m updating this again so soon, it feels a lot longer than a week since I posted my first blog post! Firstly, I made a few changes to the layout and added some links to websites I would recommend which are listed on the left hand side. I also added my Goodreads widget so you can see what I’m reading and you can find my Goodreads page here. I’ll probably post a few book reviews on here in the future. And now on to a round-up of what’s been happening in the life of Siz!

The first week of 2011 has turned out to be a busy one and crikey has it flown by. Firstly I started a volunteer job with the Association of Young People with M.E. Volunteering is something I’ve wanted to do for a while, especially for a charity that has helped me so much so I am thrilled to be giving something back! I’ve also had two appointments, one trip to the dentist which is something I’m only now able to fit in to my schedule without suffering badly afterwards. I also had the first of three trips to the hospital this month, hopefully I’m not starting the year as I mean to go on ;)
But on to nicer things! January may bring appointments, but there may be something on the horizon to end the month on a high – a Deathly Hallows Part 2 teaser trailer! Rumours are circulating but nothing is confirmed, one can hope. For those who have seen Part 1 I would recommend the previously released trailer for both parts for a glimpse of what to expect of the most anticipated film of 2011 Also a few bits of Potter news has popped up including Deathly Hallows part 1 being shortlisted for a visual effects Oscar as well as being longlisted for various BAFTAs. And just as I was writing this I read that Alexandre Desplat is soon to start work on the Part 2 score, and if it lives up to his score for Part 1 it's sure to be amazing <3
It was also a good week in TV land for the Harry Potter fan, with Rupert Grint’s cameo appearance in BBC1’s "Come Fly With Me" and even Potter cropping up as a specialist subject on "Mastermind"
 Now, I was already fan of Come Fly With Me, the new venture from Matt Lucas and David Walliams of Little Britain fame, but you can’t help but squeal a bit at Potter references in your favourite shows ;) The new 6 part series hasn’t been without its criticism but I personally love the show, I think Lucas and Walliams have been around long enough for you to know what to expect from them, and it won’t be to everyone’s taste. My love of this show probably stems from my addiction to guilty pleasure shows like Airport and Airline, bonkers staff and angry passengers really did make good telly, they were nearly comedy shows in their own right!
Rupert Grint’s appearance on the show comes in the form of a scene with Taaj, who as a film fan has decided to direct his own blockbuster. And what better way to get a film off the ground than asking the well known Potter actor Rupert Grint for a bit of help! It was a brilliant cameo, just as good as the previous episode’s David Schwimmer appearence, albeit a smaller scene. But you can’t help feel that suits Rupert, who seems the shyer of the Potter trio, particularly in interviews. And the show plays up to his reputation of the "other" one of the trio in hilarious style (although if you've seen Part 1 you'll know that Rupert can hold his own) So check it out!
Finally on to this week’s "thing worth sharing". This week I share with you a music video courtesy of DJ earworm. Each year DJ earworm takes the biggest songs of the year on the American Billboard chart and mashes them together to create a super pop song, full of that year’s memorable hits. It’s worth checking out previous years (2008 and my personal fav 2009) but here is the 2010 mash up, enjoy!

And that's all for now, until next time!
Sarah x 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hello Sarah, I'm Gemma. I saw the link for your blog on AYME. I LOVE harry potter too - do you know if there is a date set for Deathly Hallows Part 2?
    I have also been watching Come Fly with me though I haven't seen the one with Rupert Grint yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gemma! :D lovely to meet another Harry Potter fan :D hehe. I think Part 2 is set for 15th July, still seems so far away :P I hope you enjoy the Ruper Grint ep of Come Fly With Me, I loved it :D thanks for commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete