So M.E Awareness Week has come to an end, and so comes the time to reflect up on the achievements! This year, to spread awareness I have done the following things -
Spoken to the paper
Posted a number of blogs
Shared links on Facebook and Twitter
Made and awareness video
Displayed my awareness ribbon on my online haunts
For easy reference, here are all the links to things I have posted and shared this year, all in one place!
York Press Article
My Awareness Video
Daisy's amazing, much watched, much tweeted awareness video
First Awareness Blog Post
The M.E Years - 2005
The M.E Years - 2006
M.E Awareness Day - Invisible Illness Questionnaire
Association of Young People with M.E
Action for M.E
M.E Association
Chlay Charity Single
I'll admit I hoped to do more MEAW blogging, but my health made that impossible, however keep and eye out for the rest of "The M.E Years" which will probably crop up at some point as I hate leaving anything unfinished.
I've received some great feedback from some of the things I've done this year, including people who have had their opinions changed or had never heard of M.E before, which means a great deal to me. If I've educated just one person then I'm happy. I want to thank everybody who has shared my video, or any of the links I've posted, my friends, both M.E friends and non-sufferers for all their support. I've been completely overwhelmed.
When I started this blog, raising awareness of M.E was a huge goal of mine, but writing about my illness is not something that comes easily to me. I don't like being self-pitying, and wallowing about being ill, it's not my style. But in order for people to understand the illness, I have to open myself up and share my suffering, which isn't easy. I will definitely blog more in the future about M.E as I've had such a great response, so check back for more!
Thank you for all the support, and as things worth sharing go this week see all the above links! Thank you :)
Until next time,
Sarah x
No comments:
Post a Comment