It's that time of year again! This coming week is M.E Awareness Week, and if you've been following this blog for a while you'll know that I like to use it to spread awareness of the illness, which I lived with since 2005.
M.E affects around 250,000 people in the UK and currently has no known cause or cure. Symptoms incluse post-exertional malaise/extreme fatigue, muscle pain and weakness, joint pain, cognitive problems such as poor memory and concentration, nausea, headaches, sleep disturbance, sore throats, digestive problems and many more.
I hope to put up a few posts throughout the course of the week to help spread awareness, but I admit MEAW has come at a tough time for me. I'm currently undergoing orthodontic treatment and will be having braces fitted this week (something I was meant to have done years ago but which has been delayed for years because of my health) and so my energy this week will be spent surviving that. I haven't managed to speak to my local paper this year which is a shame, but I have written a short piece for a community magazine which I will try and share once I have a copy to hand.
And I'll be taking to Twitter of course! Follow me @ThatSizGirl to see those updates.
In the mean time, please visit the following websites to find out more about M.E.
http://www.ayme.org.uk/
http://www.actionforme.org.uk/
http://www.meassociation.org.uk/
Thank you.
Until next time!
Sarah x

No comments:
Post a Comment