Recently I've been coming to post blogs on here, writing them up and then saving them as drafts, never to see the light of day. I've figured out the main reason behind this is because I wanted this to be a serious blog, with proper topics and well argued points, but frankly I just don't have the energy right now ;) I'm just getting over a cold (which are hell when you have M.E!) and I'm just about to start my DLA appeal (many attempted blogs ranting about the government, but I can't justify posting a blog post that is 100% RAGE) so I want to focus my mind on happier things ;) Here are some things that have made me happy this week :)
1. The Hunger Games trailer got released this week! A brand new shiny one. I loved The Hunger Games when I read the series last year, and since then friends of mine have read it and everyone seems to be hooked. I honestly can't wait for the film!
2. Charity shop bargains! Recently St Leonard's Hospice opened a charity shop near where I live, and so I popped in for the first time this week. The shop is lovely, and had a great selections of things, especially books! I'm a huge bookworm but due to previously mentioned DLA appeal don't have the opportunity to buy every book I would like at the moment. But when I went in I managed to find a load of books that interested me, for 50p each! And I'm supporting charity :) why not stop by your local charity shop?
3. My volunteer job! Back in December I started a new volunteer job for AYME who I've been volunteering for for over a year now. I love it, and it's a great way to build my skills and keep me busy whilst I'm still to unwell for paid work :)
4. A Storm of Swords: Steel and Snow. I got the Song of Ice and Fire box set for Christmas, and am currently on the third book in the series :) they're pretty big books but I'm struggling to put this one down at the moment, so gripping!
5. F.R.I.E.N.D.S. So the show may have finished years ago but this show is my pick-me-up, no matter how many times I've seen the episodes, they still have me crying with laughter! There is something funnier than Friends, though. That's right - Friends bloopers!
That's all for now, but I'll try and do more posts like this in future <3
Until next time,
Sarah x
No comments:
Post a Comment